Artist Residency Huet Repolt / 2019 / BRUSSELS
* * *
The artist Damien Dion has been named by the jury as the 2019 winner of the Huet Repolt residency.
* * *
"Artist Residency Huet Repolt" finds its origin in the wish of François Huet and
Odile Repolt to materialise their support for artists and take a modest but concrete part in artistic creation.
The residency consists in the provision, for two months every year,
of a house to an artist selected by a Selection Committee.
The aim is to make available a place that is inspirational for work, research and encounters.
General Conditions of the Residency
In 2019, the residency will be of 8 weeks, from 2 March to 27 April.
The selected artist will commit to being present on location for at least 7 weeks.
The artist is invited to pursue
his/her personal research, in relation or not with the environment provided by the residency.
The Residency is open to any artist who has completed his / her studies. There is no
nationality limitation or requirement.
Applications in duos are accepted, and there is no age limit.
The house is a contemporary house of 120 m² with a living room / kitchen, two bedrooms, a rooftop terrace, a bathroom, a utility room and a garage.
It is located in Watermael-Boitsfort, 4 kms from Brussels' centre.
The house being also a home, where people actually live, and not featuring strictly speaking a studio, non-reversible practices cannot be accepted unfortunately and the house is expected
to be left in the state it was when starting the residency.
A convention will be signed between the Residency and the artist to sort out the practicalities of the residency.
Financial support will be granted to the artist for his/her production, for an amount of 1500 euros.
During the time of the residency, the selected artist shall feed an archive box to leave a trace of his/her stay and research. There is no prescribed form for the constitution of
Heating, electricity, water and internet expenses are borne by the Residency.
Artists wishing to be accompanied by their family may apply. They are simply invited to mention
it in their application.
Applications may be prepared in English or in French.
They must reach before
12 December 2018 at the following address:
Artist Residency Huet Repolt
14 rue des Francs-tireurs
F-93120 La Courneuve
Please do not
send application by registered mail. Only applications containing an appropriately stamped envelope will be returned.
The application shall contain:
- An up to date curriculum vitae containing the artist's complete details (postal address, email address, telephone number), date and place of birth, current address…
- A file presenting the artist's work (15 pages maximum, including pictures of recent artworks).
- A note of intention, describing the artist's project for and at the residency. As appropriate, short videos or sounds/music may be provided in the form of CD, DVD or USB key.
Applications shall be examined by a Selection Committee composed of actors of the art world.
- Nicole Daled, art collector
- Joseph Kouli, art collector
- Estèla Alliaud, artist, former resident
- Wouter Huis, artist
- Septembre Tiberghien, theorist, teacher, curator
- Michèle Rossignol, curator
- François Huet and Odile Repolt-Huet, Residency owners and art collectors
Pour plus de renseignements :
For more information, please contact:
Jennifer Douzenel, Residency administrator, using the form
of the website.